July 14, 2009

Cornucopia

-Last night after taking a cab ride to my old apartment specifically to pick up my Chacos, I left them in the taxi on the way back

-I'm currently leading a group of students from Tennessee. I think I'm picking up their accent

-Tonight we're heading 12 hours south to Aswan. When I tell Egyptians this, their response is inevitably, "What?! Why would you go to Aswan in the middle of July?! It's hotter than hell down there!" My response is usually that it's hotter than hell up here too. We'll be touring temples (at least 7 of them) in at least 45 degree Celsius heat

-Today on the bus on the way to Garbage City I sat next to two 50 year old American professors who were talking music from "the good ol' days". I knew every band and song they mentioned. I told them I wasn't sure what that says about me

-In two weeks, I'm Canada bound

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh. You lost the chacos. That sucks.

-Sarah