A long weekend in Dahab, on the Red Sea:
8 hours from Cairo on the edge of the Sinai desert, Dahab is full of European tourists, hippies of all varieties, and lots of scuba divers (we stuck to snorkeling and swimming)
8 hours from Cairo on the edge of the Sinai desert, Dahab is full of European tourists, hippies of all varieties, and lots of scuba divers (we stuck to snorkeling and swimming)
Playing backgammon/towla with "King Jimmy" (who owns a large part of Dahab)
More towla (I played later)

"The Funny Mummy" (Jimmy's restaurant) - one of many seaside hangout spots
A Bedouin girl who sold us bracelets

Shadia, another Bedouin girl and bracelet-maker
(Thanks to Anna for the pictures)
9 comments:
ahhhh! Jimmy is still there! I'm so glad that you could visit Dahab--especially after the bombings this past spring. Did you stay in Camb Bishbishi? Who are you with in these pictures?
I'll see what I can do about getting to Egypt.!? But I doubt that it will be likely to get there. Enjoy the foreign stay though!
Amazing pictures Dena! Looks so beautiful!
I miss Dahab...and snorkling...I'm glad you had the chance to go again.
i'm glad to see jimmy's still at the towla...did you beat him?
What great pictures. The ones of those 2 girls are beautiful...
I think you should have stolen some of those pillows by the red sea. They were rockin. And then you could say you own a pillow from the red sea.
that looks like the perfect place to smoke some hookah...
dane and i found a hookah bar in amsterdam...while we sat surrounded by pillows and low lights, listening to the not-so-relaxing techno, i thought of all my other hookah buddies...
you do plan on writting about living in Egypt again soon right? Its interesting to hear how other peoples foreign travels/living expiriences are going!
dena i'm waiting for more updates on here:P
Post a Comment