On Saturday, Charlene Vandenborn and Ben Bentum, both former (1 year) members of the Dordt community, began life together as a married couple. My sister and I were bridesmaids - we tried not to take it too seriously. It's kind of strange when friends start to get married; strange, but good. As my sister wrote to the couple, T.S. Eliot called marriage "constructing something upon which to rejoice" and I like the thought of two people I know and love constructing that "something" together.
July 25, 2006
On the Brighter Side
On Saturday, Charlene Vandenborn and Ben Bentum, both former (1 year) members of the Dordt community, began life together as a married couple. My sister and I were bridesmaids - we tried not to take it too seriously. It's kind of strange when friends start to get married; strange, but good. As my sister wrote to the couple, T.S. Eliot called marriage "constructing something upon which to rejoice" and I like the thought of two people I know and love constructing that "something" together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't believe they're marrie. Did I know they were engaged? Hmm...maybe I did. Did you know that I dated Ben for, oh, two months or something freshman year? So weird!!
Give them my congrats, if you happen to think of it...
You and your sister look wonderful.
dena you look so beautiful!!! and so tan!!! i can't wait to see it in person in 10 days, 18 hours, and 17 minutes. but who's counting.
holy crap. Ben Bentum is married. I forgot that that was happening. I like him. And Charlene. But not in that way.
ahem.
Look, its.....a..
SHUTUP!
Post a Comment