The face-painting guy at the soccer game
(I seriously need to start a T-shirt collection, since this one's right up there with "Paris Hilton loves Negro fashion" and the one being worn by a 10-year old at the mosque that said, "I break hearts, not wind")
Lunch at Ismail's house in Siwa
Near a Greek Monastery during an epic bike ride on the Turkish Island of Büyükada
Flower vendor in Istanbul
Women of the Middle East Studies Program at the Ummayyad Mosque in Damascus (my favourite mosque in the Middle East), after getting ready in the "Putting on Special Clothes Room." I don't call this the "Star Wars Mosque" for nothing.
Iranian Shi'ite pilgrims in the mosque's courtyard
(John the Baptist's head is inside, or so they say, though I saw it in Turkey too; and Salahadin of "Kingdom of Heaven" and legitimate history fame is buried here as well)
My favourite restaurant in the Old City of Damascus, built in a restored Ottoman-era house
Doorway of Damascus
1 comment:
oh, oh, I love the funny t-shirts! We get them here too, but their not funny b/c they're clever, they're funny b/c they make absolutely NO SENSE.
I love all the rest of your pictures. :) Especially the star wars outfits!!!
Post a Comment