I was recently informed (from someone who shall remain un-named) that there is a possibility that pyramids have special powers, derived from the red-beards from the planet Argon. My conclusion is that people who visit a pub before writing additions to letters should probably not be taken very seriously.
Moral of the story: If you send me a letter, I might post some of the contents, depending on how amusing those contents are.
In other news, I think I may have finally redeemed myself in belly-dancing class, as Jeem (our beloved teacher) only threatened to kill me once on Sunday, and she has invited me to her house (and I know from past experience that she's an amazing cook, so this is an exciting thing). Since I already talked about pyramids, I'll mention that I had a special place in the design of our dance as the top of the pyramid. Unfortunately, this means that I have the most attention focused on me by Jeem and her 7 year old son, who likes to yell "focus!" when we mess up (which is often). Sadly, the last class was our final class. I'd like to say that I can now dance like an Egyptian, but the truth is that I'm still a Dutch/Scottish/German Canadian, and dancing like an Egyptian just isn't an easy thing to do. I'm getting closer though....
We leave for Turkey tomorrow, and from there it's on to Syria, Jordan, and Israel/Palestine. It should be great, although intense and challenging in its own way.
Back to packing...
March 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment