December 14, 2006

ماريم ناشد

At the beginning of November, the wife of our assistant director gave birth to the couple's first child - Mariam. Carol (the new mother) was in America at the time, having flown there a month earlier to give her child the precious gift of American citizenship. Diaa (our assistant director and now a proud father) was supposed to head to the States a week before Carol was due to give birth. Mariam however, had other plans and arrived before her dad was even in the same country. I was in a meeting with Diaa at the time of the baby's birth and Dave (my boss), Steve and I listened in awe as we heard Mariam's first cry over the telephone. I'm posting a few pictures in honour of the newest member of the Middle East Studies Program family (and hopefully I spelled her name right in the title of this post).

Diaa and Mariam


Carol and Mariam (You know you love her t-shirt)

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Diaa looks so proud!

sara without an 'h' said...

oh thank you thank you thank you for posting pictures!! (and who gave her that SWEET t-shirt??)

please give them my deepest congratulations!!

Dunkleburger said...

hi dena, thanks for letting me read your blog. it nearly brings me to tears of nostalgia (if that's possible?) everytime. have a great christmas

Jeffy said...

Horray for Babies!

nice shirt maybe it should say

CANADA It's dang cold here