June 15, 2006

What a time it was

Although I’m sure I could write many things about why I’m starting a blog now, as opposed to before, or as opposed to never, I’m not going to. Maybe part of me doing this is that since I read other people’s blogs, I might as well start one of my own; maybe part of it is that people are ... well... "good" (for eachother I mean - not necessarily good in general) and if blogging helps keep people connected, it’s probably a good thing; and maybe part of it is that blogging requires a certain amount of vulnerability, and since I’m not so good at that whole being vulnerable thing, perhaps blogging will help. My sister "usually thinks" (as in, is not always certain) that blogging is "stupid" but although we are twins we are not - contrary to popular opinion - the "same" people and so I’m going to try this anyways. I’ll let her know how it goes.

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

I GET TO BE YOUR FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO FRICKEN EXCITED YOU HAVE A BLOG I ALMOST PEED MY PANTS!!!!! Seriously, Dean, it's about time. Every day I think..."why hasn't Dena got a blog yet? when will she fricken jump on the bandwagon and be normal like everyone else." I'm glad you've finally seen the light and I look forward to the many blissful blogging moments you have from here on out.

Melanie said...

Yah Dena!!! You are going to love it! Congratulations :)

Kathlyn D said...

dena!
it took me too long. i wasn't first. but i am happy.

Jeffy said...

Hello Dena, you conformist you

That's why you'll do well in politics. All you have to do is reflect the will of the concensus.

I'm just kidding. I'm happy i can stalk you with convenience from now on.

Andrea said...

Holy use of " " " " in your post!

sara without an 'h' said...

Nice, Dena, nice. Way to give in. (This comes from someone who was also slightly "anti-blog" for quite some time.) You're now linked from my blog!

Amanda said...

i like how you said you weren't going to write about why you are starting a blog, but then you did. hehe.